Monday, November 1, 2010

Injury Updates: Gaborik, Prospal, Drury

Today we have some injury recovery news on all three of the major Rangers who are out of the lineup at the moment; Marian Gaborik, Vinny Prospal and Chris Drury.

Gaborik skated on the ice for the first time since his injury this morning.  He skated for 20-30 minutes alone just getting a feel for being back on the ice and even took some wrist shots.  Gaborik said he is is feeling pretty good but they are not going to rush him back into the lineup and there is no real timetable right now.  I think this is the right move for him as he still has lingering soreness and hasnt regained full range of motion and the last thing this team needs is for him to be rushed back and have a setback.

Gaborik:
“I’ll take it day by day,” Gaborik said. “I don’t want to say there’s a timetable or when I’ll play. (My range) is pretty good, I’ve just got to get it pain free…I’m very anxious. I can’t wait to play but I can’t get ahead of myself. It’s definitely tough to watch.”
Prospal was working with the hand bike but doing no leg work as he works his way back from his recent knee surgery.  He is still probably at least a month away as is Captain Chris Drury who was also lifting weights off ice in his efforts to maintain conditioning